The Route.

Leave a Comment


I wasn't quite sure how to start this blog, I thought perhaps an introductory post but with far too much potential to be overly cringey I thought, nah better not. So instead lets start with something simple, the route. After all what is a trip without a route. Over the next three months myself and my friend Libby will be undertaking our own little adventure. I'll be using this space to document our travels along the way as we journey across 5 countries and 2 continents. 

New Zealand

3rd April - 15th May

Our first stop is New Zealand, quite possibly the destination I'm most excited about (if you've  read the title of this blog I'm sure you'll be able to guess why). The New Zealand scenery is something that has always appealed to me and we'll be doing our best to see as much as we can. In order to travel around as much of New Zealand as possible we are taking part in the well-known Kiwi Experience; the typical backpacker tour that will take us around both of the two islands, starting and finishing in Auckland. 

Fiji

15th May - 21st May

This part of the trip we've labelled 'the holiday' the excuse to relax, swim, explore and most importantly, to top up the tan. A place we initially overlooked during our planning has become one of my most looked forward to destinations. All you need to do is take to the internet to see why, the beauty is undeniable and I'm very much looking forward to witnessing it for myself. 

Sydney

21st May - 26th May

The shortest of all our stops. A mere 5 days in Sydney hardly seems worth it, but in a choice of no days or 5 days it has to be the latter. Other than the typical Sydney tourist bits our two bucket list items are to visit Bondi Beach (and if they want us to cameo in Bondi rescue thats cool too...) and to find a koala. Theres no way I'm leaving Australia without a photo with a koala.



Thailand

26th May - 9th June

You will notice that we are doing two stints in Thailand, this was done partly to avoid having to pay for a visa. For this part of our visit we are going to focus on the more southern parts of Thailand and the Islands. We will begin in Bangkok and then travel to Koh Tao, Koh Phangan, Krabi, Koh Lanta and Phuket, before making our way back up to Bangkok to fly to Vietnam. 

Vietnam

9th June - 30th June

We start in Hanoi where hopefully we will get the opportunity to visit Halong bay, we will then travel down south, sticking predominantly nearer the coast rather than inland. We will visit Hue, Hoi An and Phu Quoc before flying back to Thailand from Ho Chi Minh City. 

Thailand

30th June - 8th July

One of my must visit places in Thailand is Chiang Mai, and I think that is where will aim to explore during our last week in Thailand. I am hoping Chiang Mai will bring with it the opportunity to meet and interact with some elephants, an experience which is very high up on my wish list of things for this trip.

Home

9th July

Inevitably the saddest day, coming back to England just in time for the Great British summer, as long as we're not greeted by rain I'll be pleased, though I won't hold my breath.

With less than a week to go the nerves and excitement are really beginning to kick in and I just want to get going now. 

Speak Soon
Charlotte xx 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig