Oxford Eats | Turtle Bay

Leave a Comment



Unfortunately sometimes reality gets in the way of travel plans and we are forced to remain stagnant. This used to really bother me and I'd get quite stressed about being stuck at home for periods of time. My out look has somewhat changed recently when I realised it meant I could use the time to explore and appreciate my own town and the surrounding areas. Oxford is my nearest city and is definitely packed full of different cuisines, and as one of my favourite things is to suss out different restaurants and cafe's and getting to find new places to eat, or even rekindling a love for old favourites it really is a win win. 

Turtle Bay is a fairly small but growing chain restaurant selling Caribbean style food. It had been a restaurant that I had wanted to try for ages but being vegan I was slightly concerned about what I would be able to eat, considering that the menu is extremely meat heavy. But I found to my delight that there were in fact plenty of vegetarian and vegan options available.



I was so hungry I decided to jump straight in with the main course, though the starters did look incredible, plenty of vegetarian options that could be tweaked to be made vegan. I had the Run Down one pot which was like a stew made with butter beans, corn, carrots and sweet potato. The dish was served with traditional 'rice and peas' and Caribbean dumplings, so there is absolutely no worry about leaving hungry. The dish itself was packed with flavour from the herbs & spices and coconut milk, a touch that made it so beautifully creamy that you wouldn't even realise it's dairy free. The Caribbean dumplings added an amazing sweetness to the dish and the 'rice and peas' were a nice accompaniment, overall I loved the combination of sweetness and heat in this dish and would highly recommend it to anyone - vegans and non-vegans alike. 



Not only was the food amazing, the service, music and general atmosphere was also brilliant which just made the evening so much more enjoyable - happy hour cocktails also went down a right treat.

Have you been to Turtle Bay?
What is your favourite dish? 



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PROFESSIONAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig